The Rusted Room - Where Has Follow-Through Gone?

I thought I was doing something nice giving owner Charlie a large amount of nice cedar wood left from an old shed I had removed.He came to pick it up and left behind some pieces of broken wood.

(Yes there were shingles left behind from the person who tore the shed down originally. I told Charlie I would take care of those. I thought he was going to take all of the wood.) I asked him if he could come back to clean up the left wood as I have no way of disposing of it besides for regular trash pick up. He said he would be back the next week to clean it up along with leaving a few small pieces of furniture as a thank you.

The next week came and went and I never heard from him. I followed up almost a week after he was supposed to come with no response. I was not worried about the furniture he promised, just the wood that needed cleaned up so I can let me son play in the yard. I followed up twice more over a period of a week with no response, no I’m sorry, I’m delayed, or I just can’t get to it.

I'm disappointed by the lack of integrity.

A person's word is supposed to be a bond.If he can treat someone who helps him so flippantly, I do not want to experience the way a customer is treated.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Did not do what they said they would
Preferred solution:
Clean up mess and apologize or pay for wood
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #828502

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with The Rusted Room? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to The Rusted Room. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about The Rusted Room.
Filing a new complaint about